Conversion rate optimization is a scientific approach to improve your websites interface and enable businesses to convert their visitors into customers or subscribers. It is to design your website in such an effective way as to boost sales. In CRO you try to identify ways you can improve your website to encourage visitors to buy your product or service. Even tiny changes to your website can bring about a huge change in revenue.
The quality of your web pages can have an intense effect on the conversion rate. Think of it like this. A visitor stumbles by your webpage, if the content is not appealing enough to him, you might as well take him as a lost lead. He will in no time click the cross button of your webpage and move on to another page. Best landing pages have some of the below mentioned qualities:
- Compelling headlines: construct a striking headline which compels prospects to remain on your page.
- Concise targeted offering: make our your page very clearly communicates what you are trying to offer and all related information and is an elaborated form of the keyword associated with it. Try to use bullet points to prevent it from becoming monotonous and lengthy.
- Eye-catching, clickable CTA: make sure your call to action (CTA) button visually stands out, used short advantage focused text and appears clickable.
- User-friendly information: make sure you include all necessary information but stay away from information overload; clients sure do not want to be visually overwhelmed.
- Attractive overall layout: each page should be uncluttered and clean and should convey professionalism and trustworthiness. The layout should also be consistent with your brand theme.
THREE MOST POPULAR WAYS YOU CAN OPTIMIZE FOR CONVERSION:
- Segmentation: not all of your visitors mean immediate business with you. Some were just browsing by and stumbled upon your page, some want to buy something from you maybe 5 years down the road and some immediately want to buy from you. Since there are so many visitors to your website, you might as well think of focusing on any one segments conversion rate, not the overall websites conversion rate. This way you will better optimize your conversion rate. Use smart and more targeted content using your marketing software for specific audience.
- Conduct A/B testing: A/B testing conducts a test of one style of the interface of a page with another style. Each element of one version is measured by its effectiveness as compared to another version. For e.g. a blue button measured for effectiveness against a red button. Under this type of testing only one thing can be tested at a time. So by testing one design against the other, or the content of one page against the other you can better judge which one is more optimized for conversion
- Implement easy to submit forms: now let’s assume your prospect visitor is ready to convert, he she need to submit a form to your website. Make sure you make it easy for them to do so or else your will shoo away potential leads. One trick is to get your form button on top of the page, this way it won’t be challenging for them just to hunt for the form. Secondly, only add necessary fields; try to avoid open ended questions as much as possible.
These are just a few tactics that can affect your conversion rate. You will see big payoffs if you remain committed to continued optimization.